Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm Back Baby!!

I have been neglecting my blogging because I have really been going through some difficult times in my life.  I have been afraid to be completely candid and open about all of these situations because some things are simply not things I felt comfortable disclosing.  Since I didn't feel I could be completely honest and I was going to have to sugar-coat or omit a lot of my feelings and opinions, I decided there was no point in blogging.  If you aren't going to be honest, then why bother?  One of my friends, Sharon Harris, from the www.prettydisabled.com shirt company has a motto that says in part, "...staying silent never saves lives."  So instead of being embarrassed about my lupus symptoms and how they are impacting my life and the lives of everyone around me, and being ashamed of how having lupus has changed some of my relationships with people in my life, I need to TALK ABOUT IT (or blog about it in this case).  I'm sure there is someone else out there going through similar things who might be encouraged to read my blog and see that they are not alone. 

I also found my old blog that I stopped making entries in in 2008.  It was full of great stories and photos and it was also hilarious!  I spent the evening tonight reading my old blog and reminiscing with my daughter Katie.  I had forgotten some of those precious memories and it was great how I had chronicled our lives in words and pictures.  Katie wants me to have the whole blog printed and made into a book for the family to have because it covers a lot of family history, like a scrapbook online.  If anyone wants to check it out go to www.good2bqueen4ever.blogspot.com It's full of pictures and entertaining stories so if you need to laugh, it's great comedy relief.

So get ready world!  I'm going to start doing the same thing with this blog and write about all the hilarious things that go on in our crazy family and add the pictures that go with the stories.  I'm coming back with my no holds barred style of writing, so if you're easily offended by sometimes crass analogies, a few different shades of colorful language, or me writing about something you did to piss me off that may not show you in the best light (because I'm pissed)--then DON'T READ MY BLOG.  Everyone else, prepare to be entertained because the only thing I love more than being a smart ass is putting it in writing so everyone can laugh!

It's time for me to take my "night night medicine" so I'll leave you in suspense to wait for my old blog style to be unleashed again.  I've kept that dog on a leash long enough!

Peace Out!  XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment